Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Of The "Apostolic" Denomination

There are people today who call themselves "Apostolic." They say that there are not 3 persons in the Godhead, but only 3 manifestations. "Jesus only" is one of their sayings, from what I understand.

I hope any who are inclined in this direction will sincerely consider some of God's revelation about this important subject, and I hope they will let God be true, and not be mislead.

We know that when Jesus was preparing to leave the earth after His resurrection, He said,

"Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17) Jesus wasn't trying to trick anyone, He really does have a Father...He really does have a God.

Jesus said that He has a a Father and a God. This is consistent with what we find in 1 Corinthians 11:3 which says, "the head of Christ is God." Paul, speaking after the ascension of the Messiah, declared that the head of the Anointed One is (not was) God (God the Father).

"that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him," (Ephesians 1:17) We find Paul again speaking in the present tense, and decades after the ascension of Messiah. Jesus was already glorified, but He is not the only person in the Godhead; there is One who is greater (equal in essence, but greater in role, like a general and a private are both men, and so they are equal in essence, but they are not equal in their military roles).

Three Persons, one Essence. Triunity. "God in three persons, blessed Trinity!" Magnify the LORD with me, let us exalt His name together!


No comments:

Post a Comment